- University of Luxembourg
- From Luxembourg
- Research Services and Capabilities
Summary of the technology
The LCSB Metabolomics Platform is specialized in developing and applying mass spectrometry-based comprehensive analysis methods of small molecules in complex biological matrices. Our Platform works with national and international partners from academia and industry to help them reach their research goals. To address the needs in this fast-changing field, our Platform continuously develops new analytical and tailor-made methods in response to upcoming biological and biomedical questions.
Details of the Technology Offer
Our highly-qualified team works closely with customers to design and develop solutions, based on a well-equipped platform and a precise and reliable data generation. The team can guide the customer to find the best suitable method and experimental design to efficiently extract maximally informative results:
- On site mass spectrometry facility to deal with large sample sets (>1000 samples)
- Expertise in sample preparation from different biological matrices
- Established analytical methods for a large variety of customer needs
- Experience with all actors from the value chain.
- Quantitative LC-MS and GC-MS
Metabolic profiling (Relative/absolute quantification of target compounds)
- Customized quantitative LC-MS and GC-MS (incl. method development)
Tailor-made methods for specific biological questions
- Untargeted GC-MS analyses (biomarker discovery, hypothesis-free approach)
Discovery-based relative quantification of known and unknown compounds
- Structure elucidation (LC-MS/MS)
Determining the sum formula and structure of an unknown compound
- Stable isotope assisted metabolomics (GC-MS)
Metabolic flux analysis and pathway discovery
- High-abundant metabolite analysis by Biochemistry analyser
Precise absolute quantification of selected compounds
About University of Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg, founded in 2003, is multilingual, international and strongly focused on research. Its students and staff have chosen a modern institution with a personal atmosphere, close to the European institutions, international companies and the financial place.
Teaching, research and knowledge transfer at the highest international level: those are the goals that this university set from the start. With 270 professors, associate professors, assistant professors and senior lecturers, students from 130 different countries and lecturers originating from 20 different countries, the University offers a multicultural environment. Exchange agreements and research cooperations exist with 354 universities around the world.
About 6,783 students (Bachelor, Master, PhD/Doctorate, learning courses, vocational training and lifelong learning) can choose from over 60 degrees, offered by:
- The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine,
- The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance,
- The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences.
The central research priorities of the University of Luxembourg are:
- Materials Science
- Computer Science & ICT Security
- European and International Law
- Finance and Financial Innovation
- Digital and Contemporary History
as well as cross-disciplinary themes (details at https://www.uni.lu/research/focus_areas):
- Health and Systems Biomedicine
- Data Modelling and Simulation (formerly known as Computational Sciences)
- Among the top 250 universities in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021.
- No. 3 worldwide in the THE “international outlook” Rankings 2021.
- No. 20 worldwide in the THE Young University Rankings 2021.
Send a request for information
to University of Luxembourg
About Technology Offers
Technology Offers on Research Luxembourg are directly posted
and managed by its members as well as evaluation of requests for information. Research Luxembourg is the trusted open innovation and science network aimed at directly connect industry needs with professionals online.
Need help requesting additional information or have questions regarding this Technology Offer?
Contact Research Luxembourg support